Tuesday, December 27, 2005

'Drinking away to glory'....she says...


They drink coz they like to drink.Period.
They work hard the whole week long so mugs of beer bring them respite.
New year celebrations are incomplete without booze…
Who am I to turn judgmental and brand them as drunkards?
Nah…they don’t become bad men only coz they splurge away on liquor…
Am I going to drill sense into them and say its detrimental to health….no way….nor am I going to walk the clichéd path & remind them that it cud have been money well spent had they bought anything except drinks…
Alcoholics Anonymous Associations thrive along the city borders, so there are people who do realize…
Bouts of drinks….animalistic tendencies…sobriety replaced by obscenity….foul language…beating up wives….picking up fights…well, they say it only happens to the so called uneducated masses that drink the country made cheap liquor….

If drinking does add class & finesse then I am all for it….but what about the rash driving, the accidents, the deaths….another example of a classy act? Yeah…yeah…nearly everyone drinks and nothing’s ever happened to them…all these unpleasant things happen to the Others….atleast , I can hope that people do take care and restrain after a bout or two….but who cares to listen to the waves confined to the pages of a blog.

7 comments:

heretic said...

Completely agree--each of us *has* to know his/her limits and stay within them. Dunno if that is possible with people though. :-)

Which is why I don't drive. :-))

D'yer Mak'er said...

i hope the one for which this post is meant for agrees!!..who cares what the others do!!!!!

Tabula_Rasa said...

Heretic->Well!Well!Well!

Dyer maker->Nah...this is not meant for just one crazy friend of mine but for all those who do drink...and anyway,hez never gonna turn over a new leaf...hez beyond repair ;-))
Unless he undergoes a change of heart ten yrs down the line...incase,im still in touch with him...i wud surely be glad.

R said...

I'm with you, waves.

by the way.. i dont drink on new year's! all my friends are proud of me. my dad, err, doesn't let me drive either. hehe. I make it a point not to let friends drive after drinking. lot of them think it's cool, though! God bless them.

Anonymous said...

Everything in life has to be in limits.Period.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nomad.....How have you been ? Yeah....your views on drinkin are bang on.....At least people who visit your blog would read them....so you are already makin a difference !!

Unknown said...

I drink.
Then I listen to some music. Usually Pink Floyd.
Then I take a small walk, enjoying the cool night breeze.
I dont, I never drive after drinking. Mainly coz of fear of wasting a good night's sleep in some dingy lockup.
I dont have wives to beat.
I have, several times, unsuccessfully tried to know what my limit is...
I speak a finer language when I'm delirious.


But I pity all those people out there who drink and put up that pathetic drunkard-act.