Sunday, December 25, 2005

'Derby ride'.....She whispered...


Daddy…I shud have listened to u & come back home for the vacations….all my friends have gone home….like a ghost I haunt the barren hostel corridors…never thought I wud feel so miserable on 25 dec & miss eating cakes …31st december is going to be another lonely day, deserted by friends, cooped up in a pigeon hole….flashes of childhood memories keeping alive the bonfire to make me stay warm …marooned in a cold city…

Was reminded of those derby rides that u took me to….in my winter holidays...it brings a smile on my face when I remember how tightly I used to clutch ur hand , scared that I might get lost in the fair and never see u again….
Round and round in dizzying circles….sitting on an adorable horse and holding on to a pretty golden rod for dear life , swirling in undulating waves…eyes scanning you amidst the milling crowds as my head spun in a tizzy…. .and flashing that toothy smile at you everytime the derby ride brought u in my field of view…I was so much in awe of the silent presence that stood there patiently while I have my share of fun on those fun rides….ummm….life’s been a derby ride too….u’ve stood back and given me enough liberty to make my own choices, get atop and have my share of fun in these derby rides….but at the end of the day, u’ve always wanted to have me running back to u…..
What if daddy, this one time…I don’t want to leave my choice , what if I don’t want to part ways with this horse that I have grown to love
For I don’t want this derby ride to end….even if u tempt me with offers of other derby rides with better options...will you be disappointed in me for already making up my mind that I don’t want to have a go at a derby ride on 19 Jan?

5 comments:

R said...

Cheer Up!

Tabula_Rasa said...

rohit->Yeah...yeah...things aren't that bad...i am after all my daddy's girl, he wud never dream of seeing that smile vanish from my face:-)
:-)

Unknown said...

Not sure I understand all those subtle hints. But the hue and tone easily give away something.

All the best, in whatever you're upto, or not upto. Let your confidence win.

Anonymous said...

Childhood memories are very precious and sweet..they last with us all thru our lives..did u ever wonder why..
coz we are soo innocent and we make our choices and decisions without any prejudices...
coz we dont let the regrets of the past haunt us and overshadow the happinessof the moment..
coz we lived our lives one day at a time..we lived each moment on its own merit,irrespective of the results for our actions,fearless of the future and unmindful ofthe failures...
But the real challenge is to live the life now as we did it when we were kids..letting go of the 'burden of the past' tolive the life now..and makinf each momment lived now as a sweet memory of the future..
Live your life to the fullest every moment,life is too short for regret and hate..
The reason why i wrote allthis is,coz in more than a way i find some of the thingsand situations of yourlife similar to mine..
take care

heretic said...

Hope you have a good time nevertheless. And hey, get us some pics if you do end up going for the rides. (which i hope you do) :-)