Friday, November 18, 2005

'20 random facts about Me'...She said

Here's my take at trying to put down 20 random facts about myself that would maybe define me to a certain extent.

1)I am my Daddy's girl….here's blowing u a kiss daddy!



2)If I were to live my life again, I wud choose to be an albatross -spread my wings and fly over the ocean. It's the only one in the Kingdom of Animals that mates for life. Invests in a romantic 7 years of courtship and settles down with its mate. Their love is for keeps. They are not used to the concept of multiple partners. Incase, an albatross dies….its mate doesn't survive long.



3)I've always wished for a friend like Barney, the stead fast friend of Laura in Doctors (Eric Segal). Like a rock of Gibraltor, he stood by her…thru thick and thin. Wonder if men can really be such good friends .…ever….Can they?

4)A movie I can watch over & over again->Vanilla Sky, itz my fav & close to my heart.
Maybe coz David(Tom) is unable to win his true love….that strikes a chord with me or maybe it is the way, guilt haunts him all his life for the shabby way he treated the other girl in his life, Julie(Cameron Diaz) who was truly in love with him.
But the best part of the movie…is the last 15 mins when the dreams end and reality takes over, when the surreal abrupts bursts into ur face and u step out of the twilight zone.... once the psychologist played by Kurt Russell starts analyzing David…there are metaphors sprinkled all over...in the movie…itz a thinking man’s movie…it makes u brood…it makes u think & it makes ur heart ache for David when he realizes that the moments spent with Sophia were all an illusion…..that she was never his and yet in the end when she says ‘ You were missed’….it makes u wonder, did she harbour any feelings for him, after all?.But the line that I remember most is where the other girl realizes he’s in luv with someone else and says something to the effect of ‘we’ll meet in our next lifetime, as cats’….



5)I love the sea…I hate the mountains. The way the sea tosses its mighty head arrogantly, rushes into the inviting arms of the beaches and retreats reluctantly to the call of the mermaids that want it back home. I love the way the sea makes love to the beaches, those rumbling sounds of love making when the sea caresses the beaches, fondling it with a mischievous glint in its eye…..
In contrast, the mountains frown at me, rooted at a spot for centuries...with secrets embedded in its bowels and give me an intimidating look everytime my folks drag me to the mountains!!


6)Someday I plan to settle down in the City of dreams….it's not going to be before 2009 but then Mumbai can wait till then.

7)Once there, I would get a chance to fulfill my promise of doing that little bit for Tata Memorial Cancer Institute every now and then. It's going to be pay back time….

8)I can die for Chocolate cakes…umm,there was a time when I was crazy about it….dunno if I am still that way…but then, back then, I was mad about a lot of things…

9)Lines that I would love to hear someday….’Grow old with me, the best is yet to be’…



10)There are those who were distressed when they heard I want to quit blogging….so I decided to stay back…

PS- damn these class tests! 10 more facts to go…wait till the next post.

7 comments:

desperado said...

nice tht u stayed back...

Rahul said...

That is indeed a relief, waves. Hope your exams have been well negotiated with. About the random facts, u didnt let me down . I can twait for the rest of 'em...

Vidhi said...

hey richa...was nice to read these points...esp the fact abt the albatross was very interesting! and am so glad, u decided to stay! :)

Anonymous said...

Good u decided to do what u wanted to do...and i'm really waiting for ur next post...

Whats In A Name said...

Hmmm...
Waiting for the next 10 facts..

Tabula_Rasa said...

Dhruv->Give all the credit to d'yer mak'er.Hez the one who actually called me up and convinced me to write.

D'yer mak'er->Grrr...don't tell me you are tongue tied!

Rahul->it was fun, jotting down random facts abt myself...it gave me a chance to think abt myself...

Vidhi->U know what,i find u really sweet...the way u always answer back.and yeah! u are one loyal blogger friend whose going to keep reading my stuff even when others get tired of it.

Akhil->umm...i have no clue what im gonna write about,in the next 10 facts.

The new cloud->Hey! itz nice to hear from u every now and then....

Sen->D'yer mak'er wasnt exaggerating when he told me... you are quite an expressive guy!

D'yer Mak'er said...

don't tell me you are tongue tied!
..no i wasn't...i felt it's better to leave footprints...as you're always keen in seekin for proofs...but i was at times concerned about this behaviour....as how would you react if someone asked you to prove that you love your dad...but still...you do ask proofs!!...

i never like to dig out mysteries...i just wait for the wind to turn the pages!...n' i thought the mystery in you was far more intriguin than the el dorado...n' i felt honour in knowin you...n' sudenly when you poured out everythin in openness...my plight was just like the traveller who spent most of his years in some treasure hunt....only prepared himself to follow the clues...clues that always led him to another one...but never prepared himself what was to be done when you finally see the treasure...i wasn't tongue tied..huh-huh!....i wasn't aware of a few personal reservations i'd been conceivin within me....those were just signs of unpreparedness...

p.s. but tongue-tied i am now....when i found my name in your comment replies....3 times...for i never use to run after gold mines...when i know few tear drops are far more precious than that...