Sunday, November 27, 2005

Some more facts about me...She said...

Here are the remaining facts about me...

11)Being kissed on the forehead ….thats the most endearing expression of love…


12)Luv the star splashed nite sky….can spend hours laying on my back on the terrace, gazing at the shimmering dots sprinkled lavishly across the thick blanket of the midnight blue sky. My imagination runs wild on such star gazing nights and beautiful thoughts run through my mind….millions of beautiful snapshots….fragments of poetry that form in my mind….wish I cud replace the backdrop of the terrace with a gorgeous beach


13) Since childhood, I’ve had this crazy thing abt writing looong letters to God, telling him all about my life….and when I feel stronger, I tear those letters and leave behind no traces of the secret correspondence between us….


14)Its worth watching daddy dear’s disgusted facial expression whenever I pick up Fluff in my arms and give her a kiss on her wet nose….she is absolutely irresistible when she wakes up from a nap…all groggy eyed…a cute yawning mouth…a butter-won’t-melt-in-your-mouth kinda look on her adorable face….


15) There was a time when I wanted to become a jet-setting travel writer. I’ve always fantasized about exploring the exotic places, tasting their cuisine and as a travel writer,I wudnt even have had to pay for it!Like a carefree bubble...i cud have drifted from one end of the sky to another,from shore to shore,jungle to jungle.
But such a nomadic existence cudnt have brought me any stability in my already chaotic life…


16) Plan to quit the religion I was born with….have never felt at home being a Hindu…never understood idol worship, never realized why a Brahmin considers himself better than a Dalit, I’v always loathed the fuc**ing caste system, never understood why ‘we’ have so many festivals throughout the year, never connected with the ‘richness’ of ‘our’ religion,never understood why we need pandits to solemnize marriage ceremonies or why in case of important events we need to communicate with God via these people who are blessed to be born in a privileged caste.


17) I’ve always wanted to apologize to my parents for not being able to match up to them. Dad is a brilliant mathematician and if mom’s family hadn’t held her back, Today, she cud have been a top notch CEO ruling the corporate world, what with her sharp analytical mind & amazing leadership skills. While I’v always been lousy in maths & yeah have none of mom’s smashing talents. They say the next generation catches up fast & moves 3 steps ahead….i underwent regression….forget, leaping 3 steps ahead, I’ve not even been able to catch up with ‘em. Sorry mom, sorry dad.



18) Would love to have a pair of mischievous twins of my own…someday. I’v always been the obedient,toeing-the-line-everytime-mama-said-anything kinda girls, never bunked college to watch movies,never cheated in exams in skool,never lied to anyone,never disobeyed,rarely ever kept any secrets from my folks……For a change,I wud love to have real brats of my own and experience a more rough childhood…mine was too perfect…


19)Want to leave behind footfprints on the hearts of those whose paths crossed mine…I want people to remember me even after my last performance….long after I have bowed out of the stage….Reminds me of an old song which goes-‘The grass is green & the rose is red, remember me till I am dead…dead…dead…”


20)There are those who have always wanted to see what I look like….after having read my write ups…it’s been like that since my school days, since the time I’ve written anonymously on various forums…..is it that important? Does it matter if I have a perfectly sculpted oval face?
I fail to fathom why people love it more if it’s a pretty face that writes…what if I am one such face, pretty to look at ….or what if I am not….nah, beauty is ephemeral…..fleeting….skin deep…not worth running after it....

8 comments:

D'yer Mak'er said...

...

Anonymous said...

beauty is ephemeral and god is non-existential...both are just insignificant and the most hyped things in life..anyways..i love the stars too..
nice to know you...take care

Vidhi said...

richa...points 12 and 13 r so identical to both of us! there's something abt the night that is oh-so-majestic and awesome! regarding letters to God, i write them too but dont tear them away. i keep them in such a place that the chances of they being found out (be neone other than Saahil) are totally nil!

Anonymous said...

ur thoughts are really beautiful....kisses on the forhead...stars..twin brats...eveything u write touches my heart......
god bless you

Tabula_Rasa said...

Dyer Maker->Grr...speak up buddy!miss all those loooong comments....

Akhil->When u said it was nice to know me...it just struck me that lotz of people complain that i reveal too much about myself on this blog....and yet i get the feeling that people fail to scratch the surface and read the real me...

Vidhi->here's a warm hug....wow!one more person who writes to God! i know abt 2-3 other ppl who do that too...

Anonymous->Wonder who this is....anyway, thanks for appreciating me

D'yer Mak'er said...

miss all those loooong comments....
...is it?...n' look at me...i thought you no longer liked my comments...

p.s. but just a passin thought...wasn't my comment in your earlier post long enough???

Tabula_Rasa said...

D'yer mak'er->Get back into the groove of writing long comments,ok?*points a sharp dagger at his throat & gives him a threatening look*

Unknown said...

The thing about the pretty-face is, with someone who writes so pretty, would you associate an ugly face? Or an intelligent smiling face? Forgive them, forgive them all. We'rall still slaves of our eyes and our hormones.

Your writing is simple, yet insightful. I thought you should be having more readers and more people to comment. Perhaps they r all not commenting.