Friday, November 11, 2005

The Stiletto girl...


I slipped my feet into those pretty stilettos, bathed in blushing lilac…..they had been gathering cobwebs for long. I dusted away the musty webs...dusted away a lot of memories.
Tied the lavender strings emerging from the rear end of the stilettos in a fashionable criss cross…they caressesed and climbed up to a quarter of my legs….slender legs(?). My feet nestled itself in the familiar curves of the stiletto, with the shapely toes and fingers painted a chocolatey maroon , plunging neck down while the arrogant ankle maintained its composure at a dignified height…elevated by the haughty heels.
I took off my anklets….stilettos and anklets have never gelled well together.
Tugged at the strings of my wrap around skirt, held against my waist….and let it fall….too long! That ebony and ivory shaded wrap around skirt which lapped my ankles mischievously…managed to ruin the beauty of my stilettos by hiding the criss crossing lavender roman strings that clung to my legs rather shamelessly.
Picked up a delicate smoky grey skirt, trespassed by mauve colored dainty fleurs…the skirt stopped short at my knees….a field day for my stilettos….without any modesty, the stilettos flaunted themselves…..oozed dollops of sensuality….a feeling that was quite contagious…
With an extra inch adding itself to my 5’4’’ frame, I gained an elegant doe like delicate and sophisticated walk…it felt sexy….it felt innocently refreshing…it reminded me of my childhood days when we stole mom’s stilettos and walked clumsily with our tiny feet swimming in the oversized high heels.
As we grew older, the hankering for stilettos persisted and the prettiest of the lot- who else but my sister, would step into mom’s exotically beautiful midnight blue stilettos, two sizes too big for her and sashay down the gallery in our house and feel regal !
A few days back, I saw a girl with beautiful big eyes, housed in a perfectly oval face… walking down the stairs….she wasn’t able to keep pace…..stilettos look alluring but not much fun to walk around too long….lucky for her, her guy picked her up in his arms lovingly and carried her downstairs. Dunno why is it but guys pamper their girls a lot when they wear stilettos…trust me!
Ah! But I didn’t wear stilettos to lasso men or seduce them….i wore them a last time and then gave them away…..
Who wants to keep reminders that beckon you to take a trip in the past…only the criss cross pattern of the Roman strings remained etched deep on my legs after I’d got rid of the stilettos…..hungrily, the strings had dug into the soft, smooth olive skin and left behind love bites….
But then , neither do love bites remain on one’s skin forever….

No comments: