Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Daddy- I miss you...

"
Miss those days when you would take me out skating,
& watch patiently when I fell every two minutes
while the others smoothly whizzed by.

Miss those days when you came back from work,
tired & haggard and yet trained me in neighborhood parks,
At the middle of nights,
for upcoming Shot Put championships and Relay Races.

Miss those days when I saw you happier than me,
When I brought home medals.

Miss those days when you bought me Chocolate Truffles
To celebrate those little ups and downs in Life.

Miss those days when you would call me up from work sheepishly
And say you didn’t mean to scold me so harshly

Miss those days when I would look starry eyed at you,
while you told me that I can achieve anything I want,
Even own a pretty Island of my own.

Miss those days when you would teach me maths
Even miss your characteristic tearing off my books &..
throwing it in the dustbin when I failed to solve the nasty sums.

Miss those days when you would bring fish every morning
And sweet talk the cook into serving it for breakfast!

Miss those days when you would be scandalized by my dresses
Yet tolerate it good humouredly.

Miss those days when you would offer to take me out for a movie,
to cheer me up,though you hated those 'unrealistic','silly' movies.

Miss those days when you and me, would conjure up stormy fights
While neighbors promptly closed their windows.

Miss those days when you would snatch and lock away my favourite novels
And I would hate you for a week.

Miss those severe looks that you would give me,
If I came home late in the night.

Miss those worried looks that worried me
When you felt I wasn’t studying.

Miss that Big fight when you felt I was too young...
to have a mobile phone.

Miss those days when you would keep a sharp eye on my friends
Advise me on my selection of friends
And we would both end up at each others throats.

Miss those days when I would make you repeat your days of struggle
When you never had enough to eat & yet went ahead in life
And I would silently cry at how Life had been hard on you.

Miss those days when I threw a tantrum and wanted a pet dog
And saw the look of horror on your face

Miss those days when you overcame your dislike for wet doggie noses
And learnt to love‘Fluff’coz you saw me kiss her doggie nose everyday.
Miss you Daddy....

4 comments:

Vidhi said...

reading ur lines, i too started missing my dad! btw, where's ur dad?

Sourin Rao said...

Thats what dads r for. You'll realize the other half od things when you become a parent yourself. I hope your dad is doing well. Seems like a great dad.

D'yer Mak'er said...

if i were your daddy...i'd have missed you too!...but if you let me to confess it...m so glad that i'm not your daddy!!!!!!!but anyway...here's a stranger raisin a toast for the father n' his daughter...

Tabula_Rasa said...

Red-->Welcome to My Kingdom

Vidhi-->I flew the nest while my dad waits for me in Kolkata,someday i shall go back to him,when i make it Big,with my head held high.

Chappan-->Yeah,by the time a man realizes his father was right,he usually has a son who thinks he was wrong ;-)

Strangers'inc-->Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy.